1. VIBE. Marcy Harriell isn't your average, too-serious blogger. She's vibrant and happy. If you are feeling down or unimaginative, visit oonaballoona. You're sure to remember how beautifully cool the world can be.
2. COLOR. I've noticed a lot of blogs are super into pastels, particularly soft, baby pink. Not oonaballoona! Her aesthetic and clothing is super colorful and bright.
3. COCKTAILS. She makes her love of cocktails known, which makes me feel right at home. I mean, just read the quippy first paragraph of her bio:
I'm oonaballoona from kalkatroona, oona for short,
also known by my civilian handle Marcy Harriell, Marce for short.
But I'll answer with wild abandon to any name you call me,
especially if you're calling me to cocktails.
4. TALENT. The clothing she creates exudes uniqueness. You won't find a simple tank top dress here. You'll see detail-oriented clothes that make you weak in the knees. You'll also super jealous of her technique!
5. AGE. Okay, so not the age of Marcy/oona, but the age of her blog! It has been in existence for an impressive seven years, & it's just as mesmerizing to read as the more recent posts.
What sewing blogs do you love right now?